Tuesday, January 11, 2011

When In Rome....

Ciao,

So the first weekend in Rome, Italy....gosh where to begin. The first flight I had to take, from good old (cold) BUF was delayed for almost 2hrs, then we all met in PHI for our last flight to Italy. (PS sorry Eagle fans but I did pick the Pack to go to the super bowl.) European flights are long and it is advised that you find a way to sleep for most of them, this for me however did not occur. For an 8hr flight I probably slept for 1 1/2hrs. So instead of resting I watched 3 movies. An instant classic Inception, the amusing but not that funny Date Night, and the Social Network which was enlightening, we almost all use Facebook these days lol.

So I land in Rome, grab a shuttle, get to the dorm, unpack, and begin the semester with 20 of my Arch friends and I'm sure many new ones as well. We went on some walking tours, we had orientation of classes, we bought cell phones, enjoyed an Italian dinner together, and enjoyed some time out together. I can honestly say that the next 4 months will be both challenging and inspiring, but most of all life changing. I think I'll learn a ton, not only academic, lingual, or cultural, but deeper meanings and new ways to do things.

No comments:

Post a Comment