Saturday, April 23, 2011

A Night of Some Culture

On Good Friday we were treated to a special evening. We went to a concert at Renzo Piano's Parco della Musica, Mozart's Requiem. It was a nice night, we all got to get dressed up and mosey on over to Piazza del Popolo, using 2 buses and walking the rest of the way, then catch the tram to the complex. All in all we got there only 5 mins after we were supposed to meet, not bad for a holiday public transportation day. We got there and the buildings are completely different at night, instead of the three auditoriums being the main focus the piazza becomes the main space with its lighting scheme.
Finding our seats was a whole new challenge. I haven't been to many of these events in my life and the ticket being in Italian didn't help the situation, although my Italian has greatly improved lol. We ended up having seats in the 10th row dead center! Best ones in the house. The music and experience was amazing. That's the kind of music I listen to when I need to render a project I find it relaxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment